"Lucy offers a unique perspective on compassionate activism drawn from her decades of living in Africa... Her work is authentic, heartfelt and deeply beneficial."
Charlie Morley, Bestselling Author of 'Dreaming through Darkness'
I have spent many years in formal education, and studied both Eastern and African Wisdom Traditions. In 2014, I was awarded a PhD in Mindfulness and Education. While I appreciate academic rigour, I am more at home in the role of researcher-practitioner, exploring the benefit of these practices in daily life. Nothing gives me more joy than supporting others to develop their own, life-enhancing, contemplative practices.
- Mon, 08 JanUniversity Corner, Wits, Braamfontein08 Jan 2024, 08:00 – 13 Jan 2024, 17:00University Corner, Wits, Braamfontein, Bertha St, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017, South AfricaEase stress, shock and trauma through healing arts education methods
- Fri, 02 FebTara Rokpa Centre02 Feb 2024, 18:00 – 11 Feb 2024, 12:30Tara Rokpa Centre, Kuilfontein, Groot Marico District, 2865, South AfricaStart the year with clarity by setting intentions and communicating effectively: 4 and 9 night retreat options.
- Fri, 09 FebTara Rokpa Centre09 Feb 2024, 18:00 – 11 Feb 2024, 12:30Tara Rokpa Centre, Kuilfontein, Groot Marico District, 2865, South AfricaLearn the life-enhancing practices of mindful awareness, compassion and nonviolent communication with Lucy D-C and Felicity Joan Hart.
- Fri, 01 MarThe Buddhist Retreat Centre01 Mar 2024, 17:00 – 03 Mar 2024, 12:30The Buddhist Retreat Centre, Ixopo, 3276, South AfricaLearn the life-enhancing practices of mindful awareness and non-violent communication with Lucy D-C and Felicity Joan Hart.
- Thu, 07 MarDharmagiri Sacred Mountain Retreat07 Mar 2024, 17:00 – 10 Mar 2024, 10:30Dharmagiri Sacred Mountain Retreat, Dharmagiri Retreat Centre, Drakensberg Gardens Road, Underberg, 3257, South AfricaDiscover how ancient wisdom traditions can offer support as we address the many crises of modern life.
Inside each of us there is a noble heart. When we clear away all that blocks it, this heart can change the world.
His Holiness, the 17th Gyalwa Karmapa
It has become clear to me that Lucy has the intelligence, depth of education, and natural teaching qualities which mark her as someone who would be able to help others.
As a facilitator, Lucy is superb. She is knowledgeable, gentle and caring with a calm demeanour and soothing voice, together with honesty and humour with regard to her own experience.
Lucy is a warm, wise and wonderful teacher, embodying fully the heart-mind connections she gently encourages in others. What she offers comes directly from her heart, enabling her to provide exactly what is needed spontaneously in the moment.