Immerse Yourself: the Ocean of Yoga and Awareness
Time & Location
About the Event
“There is only one journey; going inside yourself.”
Rainer Maria Rilke
Steven Heyman and Lucy Draper-Clarke are teaching together again, at the beautiful Kumba Lodge in Tofo. This Mozambican adventure will take you through the Five Koshas, from the strong to the subtle layers of the body-mind. Through somatic movement and sitting practices, we will deepen and widen into our natural state of awareness. You can expect both strong and gentle yoga, guided and quiet sitting meditation, as well as workshops and ocean adventures, in order to unveil your inner wisdom, freedom and joy.
Immerse yourself on this 6 day transformative journey!
Steven Heyman quit his corporate job as managing director to become a full-time yoga instructor and has since experienced a series of radical and transformational shifts: from balance sheets to life balance, from increasing turnover and profits to increasing wellbeing, from business development to self development, from rushing around in cities and airports to maximising time in nature. He likes to combine inspirational themes, skilful movements, mobility, mindfulness and anatomy and serve these with a good dose of fun and compassion. Steven and his wife Adelline are the hosts at Kumba Lodge, where
they love to welcome other conscious adventurers.
Lucy Draper-Clarke has a doctorate in mindfulness and teacher education and loves to run retreats as well as support yoga teacher training schools. She has practised yoga for 20 years and taught yoga and mindfulness in Southern Africa since 2006, while also offering embodied practices at the University of the Witwatersrand. While doing so, she has been lucky enough to study with inspiring Buddhist mindfulness, Vinyasa yoga teachers, and Expressive Movement dance therapists. Her light-hearted and compassionate approach to teaching allows participants to explore their inner worlds through a joyful, yet transformative practice.
Venue and Accommodation:
You will be staying at Kumba Lodge (the name means: the place of transformation), a lodge and yoga retreat centre situated right on the magnificent beach of Tofo (Inhambane). The restaurant, yoga studio and some of the bungalows have incredible sea views, and the other rooms are built in a tropical garden behind the dune.
Zen Rooms: 16 sqm rooms with own bathroom, fan, garden view
Bungalows: 25 sqm bungalow with own bathroom, aircon, ocean or sunset view
All rooms can have two single beds or one king size bed
Zen Room option: R9000 pp sharing
Bungalow option: R10500 pp sharing
- food: breakfast and dinner. are included, chef Adelline serves up fresh, healthy and locally sourced food with lots of vegetarian and vegan options
- included: coffee/tea/juice at breakfast, free WiFi, use of our pool and yoga studio and all facilities, direct access to the beach, all yoga classes
- not included: other drinks, transport, visa/travel fees, lunch, additional activities (surfing, diving, ocean safari, boat trips etc), single accommodation
- a 50% deposit confirms your booking, and the balance 50% will be due two weeks before arrival
- flights to Inhambane are currently cancelled, but before the prices were around R6000 from Jo'burg to give you an idea. There is also a shuttle bus called Tours2Moz which offers return trips around R3000 per person
Cancellation Policy: · 5% handling fee is charged on all refunds · 25% of total cost of stay is charged if cancelled 16 to 30 days before arrival date · 50% of total cost of stay is charged if cancelled 8 to 15 days before arrival date · 100% of total cost of stay is charged if cancelled 1 to 7 days before arrival date